Kids Kitchen Training FAQs
- A video course covering all the aspects of leading family food activity sessions with young children.
- Access to experienced session leaders for specific advice that suits your situation.
- A 1-1 review of your first official session.
- Monthly group Q+As with session leaders.
- Templates galore! We’ve done all the things you might think of doing in making a great foodie stay-and-play and we’ll share them all with you.
- Checklists. Sometimes, you need a template. But sometimes, you just need someone to ask you some really good questions or simply just Tell You What To Do. Especially if you’re sleep deprived! And that’s where the checklists come in. We have lots, including equipment, what questions to ask a venue and where to publicise your sessions.
This is the training that all our session leaders go through, and we are often looking for session leaders for our hubs. This course will support you to develop your own session – but if you do end up working with us, we’ll refund you the cost of your training.
Not in the traditional sense. It requires very little initial investment but also won’t make you heaps of money!
Have you heard of a social franchise? No, we hadn’t either. We do like this description though – you will invest some money and time, and get lots of personal skills from the experience PLUS you and fellow parents get a quality stay and play at a time you really need it.
The training costs £150 and then you’ll need to spend approximately £30-£50 on materials. You can do this on a budget if you require. More info on costs here.
Our aim is to create flexible work for people with current caring responsibilities. If you think you’d find it difficult to pay for the initial training and mentoring, please talk to us. We provide free places if we think that training is going to open doors for a person or a community and help us achieve more of our mission. We can then help you find the funds that are in your area so you can continue on your journey AND get paid. The enrollment form for the training includes a question where you can tell us your circumstances.
Our training starts on set dates so that you can do it with a community of others. You can check out our next date as well as our free discovery sessions in our sign-up form.
Our training starts on set dates so that you can do it with a community of others. You can check out our next dates in the sign up page.
Absolutely. We believe that there are lots of ideas to share for all sorts of toddler and kids activities. You can only call what you do Kids Kitchen if you are working with us though.
We encourage it so that you can make the most of the community support and live sessions. If the next training date isn’t right for you, check out our next intake!
Yes! For any live sessions we will record and send them to you in case you can’t make the session
Yes, once you’re running your sessions we set you up with a couple of hours of support with our fundraising guru Jennie. We can help you to find and apply for funding locally that will help you continue doing what you want to do!
If you have any questions about the training, please email us.
Otherwise, enter your details below to get started.