We had a great time this week making couscous volcanoes!
“Great timing from 11-12… and it’s definitely easier with company.”
Next: the session will be led by Aneta, who started the South East London hub, and Kate in Herefordshire.
(Bookings will close at 10.15am, and you’ll receive an email with a ‘zoom’ link to join. Room opens 10.45am, session starts 11am)
We’ll be making mini tarts – massively versatile and one of our ‘9 for 5’ activity recipes.
You don’t need anything special to take part. You don’t even need to be in the kitchen! Find a space on a table, in a corner, on a picnic blanket…
What you might find useful:
- Table knife and chopping board
- Child scissors
- Muffin Tray
- Rolling pin
- Pastry brush
you can choose a combination you like of any of these things – whatever you have in your house…
- For the pastry – just all-purpose flour and olive oil.
- For the filling:
- A selection of veggies and beans: tomatoes, mushroom, spring onion, courgette, aubergine, peppers, olives, any root vegetable potatoes – carrot, parsnip, celeriac, beetroot
- leek, onion or garlic (pre-fry the onions/ leeks)
- tofu or vegan cream cheese (optional)
- herbs: dry or fresh thyme, oregano, paprika, cumin, cinnamon
- or you can use fruit.
A short note about ingredients: we try to use local and seasonal produce (more about how and why we do what we do here! ) and tweak recipes accordingly. Tweaking is also necessary at the moment when there is still a lot of panic buying going on, and now that we can only leave home for essentials. FOr this reason we’ve given you loads of options, please don’t be daunted by them!