Can you support the set-up of our New Session Leaders pilot?
Kids Kitchen make fun, from scratch family cooking happen. We currently work across three hubs, and online.
We’re keen to support others to use our model, and build family cooking to have the impact on health and community that we know it can have.
We have developed a training programme, and have a supportive team of experienced session leaders building their skills to mentor potential new recruits. In the last eighteen months we have taken on six new session team members, remotely with our Kids Kitchen training and with this same supportive team.
The skills and experience in our team is varied and we have achieved a huge amount with our complementing skills but in order to grow outside the hubs we have we are looking for someone who can support us in the growth of this enterprise.
We have around 9 flexible days, 63 hours between September and November 2021 for this piece of support work for Kids Kitchen.
You would be:
- Supporting the Directors to put systems in place that enable the start of a robust social franchise
- Working with the team to get resources ready
- Creating systems in order to support people remotely and efficiently, and monitor how well it’s going
- Writing great copy that sells our opportunity and finding the right places to share this
As a team of very part-time freelancers we aim to both keep each other informed and supported – through weekly check-ins, a quarterly steering team meeting, our organisers’ network and occasional phone calls. Whatever piece of work you are doing with us, we have found that the best results for Kids Kitchen always come when we have a solid, longer term relationship with anyone we are working with. For this reason some of your time would need to be spent getting to know us, attending online team meetings and engaging in our online organisers network – making links with the whole team.
You would be supporting the Director / Main Coordinator with the following set-up tasks
- Work with team to establish where our training / mentoring enterprise fits within whole Kids Kitchen offer
- Clarify and describe the opportunity, its benefits and impact
- Take existing resources / elements and create a streamlined, semi automated process of onboarding and support
- Identify how and where to ‘sell’ the training / mentoring opportunity
- Work with Kids Kitchen team to identify existing case studies and testimonials.
- Write copy that can be used on web, socials, info packs, automated emails.
- Establish fair eligibility criteria / sliding charging scale and a way of communicating this
- Agree experienced session leader role and match current session leaders to it.
- Recruit up to 10 potential new session leaders in new areas.
Your experience and skills
- Experience of creating, describing and selling a new social franchise
- Ability to create criteria and assess applications in a non judgmental way against them
- Experience of designing an onboarding process with some automations – using mailerlite, zapier or similar.
- Experience of writing concise copy for websites and mailings
- Substantial experience of collaborative team working online and cloud-based storage tools including airtable and google drive
- Compassionate attitude to other people’s skill and confidence levels with technology
- Experience coordinating small team remotely
- A flexible and patient attitude to working in a very part time team.
- Ability to monitor both tasks and impact with a light touch
- Full commitment to the values and mission of Kids Kitchen
Some more about how we work
We have a flat pay structure and usually all earn £18/hr. We occasionally agree other rates with freelancers doing short pieces of work with us – please do share with us what your rate is and how you work.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please send an email with some details about your experience /interests and how it fits with Kids Kitchen to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th August 2021.