Can you bring your experience of building online communities to our online hub to make family cooking activities more accessible for families?
Kids Kitchen make fun, from scratch family cooking happen. We currently work across three hubs, and online – with young children and their families, and offer training and resources to those that want to set up their own sessions.
During the pandemic we developed online sessions and videos that continued the interactivity that people have enjoyed from our sessions over the past ten years, in people’s homes.
We found that online activities were a really great way for some families to get cooking and feel connected, and that some families would actually prefer this. We are planning a short series of sessions and online friendliness in Autumn 2021 to find out what would work for families that might otherwise not make it to a Kids Kitchen session.
The skills and experience in our team is varied and we have achieved a huge amount with our complementing skills but in order to grow this part of our work we’re looking to include someone who can coach and advise the team around specifically building online networks.
We have a budget for about 40 hours work for this. This may be more useful as a couple of training sessions, or a set of coaching sessions with the team – it will depend on your skills, on any income the pilot is able to generate and on what you think we all need! We’ll need the work to happen in September and October 2021.
Share experience of building online communities with the Kids Kitchen team, supporting us to build our online community through targeted outreach and engagement.
- Share the experience you have of building a diverse and supportive online community with the Kids Kitchen team in ways that build our skills!
- Work with us to market the Kids Kitchen online offer to specific groups that we are sure would find it difficult to get to live sessions, who are more comfortable online. Support others in our team to do this.
- Support others to maintain our online community as a space of information for all families, including parents with mental health issues and families with SENDE kids – and anyone wanting to feed their family…
This role would require you to be:
- Capable of using a range of tools to target specific groups
- Confident collaborating online and engaging those who are less confident
- Able to appeal to a range of audiences
- An enthusiastic and skilled communicator, both written and spoken
- A flexible and patient attitude to working with a very part time team.
- Full commitment to the values and mission of Kids Kitchen
- Considerable experience connecting with people online
- Proven experience building a targeted community using online networks particularly Mighty Networks
- An ability to share your knowledge in a clear empowering way
- Knowledge of how Kids Kitchen works, what we do and how we run sessions.
Some more about how we work
We have a flat pay structure and all earn £18/hr. We occasionally agree other rates with freelancers doing short pieces of work with us.
As a team of freelancers we aim to both keep each other informed and supported – through weekly check-ins, a quarterly steering team meeting, our organisers’ network and occasional phone calls. Whatever piece of work you are doing with us, we have found that connecting with the whole team is incredibly useful so some of your time will need to be spent doing this.
If you would like to find out more about this opportunity please send an email with some details about your experience /interests and how this fits with Kids Kitchen to firstname.lastname@example.org before 11th August 2021.