The kids will be...
mixing, kneading, rolling, chopping
A fun and tasty cross between a pizza and a savoury muffin - what's not to like?
For the buns:
500g white flour
10g fast-action yeast
320 ml water
30 ml olive oil
For the filling:
1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
Sweet peppers, mushrooms or any other vegetables you wish to include
1. Make a simple bread dough: put the flour, yeast and salt in a bowl and mix together, then add water and with your hands knead into a smooth elastic dough.
2. Place the dough into a well-oiled bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and allow to rise until doubled in size.
3. Whilst the dough proves, prepare the filling: mix the tomato passata with the garlic and chop the onion and any other vegetables that you are including.
4. Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C fan/ Gas mark 7. 5. When the dough has risen sprinkle flour on to the work top and roll the dough out into a square of about 30 x 30 cm. 6. Spread the sauce on to the dough, then sprinkle over the onion slices, chopped vegetables and torn basil leaves.
7. Roll the dough up into a tight spiral, trim the rough ends, and then slice into 12 even buns. Fit the buns into the muffin tin, spirals facing up and bake in the oven for 15 minutes.until golden and delicious.
Get the recipe's pdf here: