The kids will be...
mixing, rubbing, rolling, sprinkling
A super easy and yummy appley autumnal treat! Or a great base recipe to use and get creative with your own choice of fillings!
200g flour + extra for dusting
6 tbsp olive oil + extra for oiling tray
4 tbsp water
You can choose to use savoury or sweet fillings, whatever flavour you fancy!
Here are ingredients for a lovely autumnal apple filling:
Cooked apple (on the hob for 5 mins)
A sprinkle of sugar/honey and cinnamon
Cling film/clean plastic bag
1. Place the flour in a mixing bowl, add the oil and rub with your fingers until it is all mixed in.
2. Add the water a little at a time and keep working it in until the dough can be formed into a ball.
3. Wrap in cling film or a clean plastic bag and let it rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
4. After 30 minutes, pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
5. Use your fingers to oil the cups in your muffin tray, then sprinkle in a little flour.
6. Make sure you have a clean surface, then sprinkle with flour.
7. Roll out the dough with your rolling pin until it is approximately 5mm thick.
8. Cut out as many 5-6cm rounds that will fit in your muffin tray.
9. Now roll over the rounds again with the rolling pin until they are approximately 2mm thick, and gently push them into the cups of the tray.
10. Add your filling to each cup - in this case a spoon of apple, a sprinkle of sugar/honey and a sprinkle of cinnammon.
11. When all the tarts are full, place the tray in the preheated oven for 20 minutes - or until the pastry is starting to go brown.
12. Leave to cool for 5/10 minutes before eating.
Get the recipe's pdf here: