Cook at home
A quick, simple and yummy way to eat root vegetables!
For the chips:
400g sweet potatoes
(Optional extra: any other root vegetables e.g. beetroot, squash)
2 tbsp olive oil
Fresh or dried mixed herbs of your choice (sage, rosemary, thyme, paprika etc)
For the dip:
1 x 400g tin of chickpeas
3 tbsp tahini
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
2. Wash all the vegetables.
3. Chop the vegetables into evenly sized chunks.
4. Place the chunks on an oven tray, then mix in the oil and sprinkle on the mixed herbs.
5. Put the tray into the preheated oven for approximately 25 minutes or until the vegetables are slightly brown and crispy.
1. Drain and rinse the chickpeas in a sieve and pour into a blender.
2. Cut the lemons in half and squeeze each half on the lemon squeezer, then pour the juice the into the blender.
3. Add the tahini, garlic and olive oil to the blender.
4. Blend the ingredients until smooth - add a little water if it is too thick.
5. Pour the dip into a bowl ready to serve with the chips.
Get the recipe's pdf here: